NEW!!! Supplier Assessment and Performance Measurement: Ensuring Promised Value
Note: This seminar has not been scheduled for any venue at this time. Please search for other available seminars.
Supply Management experts recognize that an organization cannot perform any better than its suppliers. As a result supplier assessment, selection, performance measurement, and obtaining compliance of all contract provisions, are being recognized as critical processes where significant management and professional competencies are required. These processes, when properly performed, contribute greatly to improving quality, reducing total costs, reducing supply risk, and providing continuous improvements in supplier and contractor performance. This program provides methods and competencies directed at improving these processes within the supply management organization.
Please bring a calculator to this seminar.
Who Should Attend
- Supply Management, Procurement, Purchasing, and Project personnel,
- Engineering, Operational, Quality, and Maintenance personnel,
- And all others who are involved in interfacing with contractors or suppliers in the acquisition of materials, equipment, parts, and services or anyone who wants to improve supplier performance and gain successful outcomes from contracting situations
You Will Learn...
- 10 Steps in achieving total quality from suppliers
- Steps in a proper supplier evaluation
- 15 Objectives of Supplier Performance Measurement
- Four categories of supplier segmentation and a quantitative positioning method
- Developing performance weightings
- 15 basic points in collecting and reporting supplier performance
- Six important points in developing Performance Standards
- Discuss methods of collection and reporting data
- Six steps in developing performance indexes
- Practices and experiences of others
- Five Remedies when contractors fail to do what was promised
You Will Earn...
21 continuing education hours
- How are we doing in supplier assessment & performance measurement?, elements of a good procurement & competitive bidding process, steps in achieving total quality from suppliers, objectives of performance measurement
- Best practices in supplier qualification, letting the supplier measure you, developing the qualification process, ABC analysis, risk assessment and segmentation
- The preliminary supplier assessment, the supplier site assessment, who participates in supplier qualification, the supplier evaluation forms, qualified supplier list
- Key elements of supplier performance measurement, common performance categories, category weighting, deciding which suppliers to measure, the difficulties of measuring supplier performance,
- Collecting the data, quantitative vs. qualitative data, basic points to consider in performance measurement, rating systems options, developing performance standards, the basics of performance based service contracts,
- Applying supplier performance in total cost of ownership, performance indexing, and supplier provided performance data
- Benefits from measuring and analyzing supplier performance, establishing expectations, sharing the information, expectations from the supplier's point of view
- Corrective action, when contractors fail to do what was promised, liquidated damages, force majeure/delays, holding supplier recognition events
© Copyright ISM 2012
If you would like to bring this seminar onsite to your organization, please click here.
Your hotel information will be included in your confirmation letter. You are responsible for your hotel reservation.
Please be sure to read all Seminar Registration Information prior to registering for a course.
Rate and Review this item