Forums  

Go Back   Forums > ISM Discussion Area > General Supply Management Discussions

Old 11-06-2013, 07:56 PM
joannmu

Default New Buyer Training

Does anyone have any reading materials or tools they are willing to share for a brand new person to purchasing? I have an assistant who has never worked in purchasing before; I can share my knowledge, but it would be great to provide her with written materials to assist in her learning. I am having a hard time finding anything available online. Any assistance would be helpful!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:08 PM
jkamando13

Default Looking for Work as a Buyer

I became unemployed in 2008, I have looked high and low and up to now I have not been able to secure anything, even an administrative assistant's role.

With a degree in business administration, 2 years in the US as a buyer with a prestigious University, 4 years in Kosovo as a buyer with the United Nations, 10 years as a Buyer in my native Kenya, my last Interview was with a major player in the power sector , in which I discovered I was one of ten applicants.
I have been surviving by doing temporary jobs as a Nurse Aide in nursing homes and as a Home Health Aide.
I have a diploma from C.I.P.S , I recently managed to get enough money to buy the subscription from ISM but I am unable to raise money for the CPSM. I will do anything , if there is anyone out there looking for someone who is ready,willing and available to give it their all , PLEASE , PLEASE contact me.
My Phone number is 856-470-8411, my email address is jkamando@yahoo.co.uk , I live in South Jersey and will relocate to any place on earth to find a job.
Please Help!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
rishikumar

Default yes

you can send your CV in my mail id rishikumar.gupta@adityabirla.com, I will try to send your cv in my connection related to SCM field.

Regards
Rishi
+918605000382
Old 12-11-2013, 11:44 AM
rishikumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkamando13 View Post
I became unemployed in 2008, I have looked high and low and up to now I have not been able to secure anything, even an administrative assistant's role.

With a degree in business administration, 2 years in the US as a buyer with a prestigious University, 4 years in Kosovo as a buyer with the United Nations, 10 years as a Buyer in my native Kenya, my last Interview was with a major player in the power sector , in which I discovered I was one of ten applicants.
I have been surviving by doing temporary jobs as a Nurse Aide in nursing homes and as a Home Health Aide.
I have a diploma from C.I.P.S , I recently managed to get enough money to buy the subscription from ISM but I am unable to raise money for the CPSM. I will do anything , if there is anyone out there looking for someone who is ready,willing and available to give it their all , PLEASE , PLEASE contact me.
My Phone number is 856-470-8411, my email address is jkamando@yahoo.co.uk , I live in South Jersey and will relocate to any place on earth to find a job.
Please Help!
you can send your CV in my mail id rishikumar.gupta@adityabirla.com, I will try to send your cv in my connection related to SCM field.

Regards
Rishi
+918605000382
Old 01-07-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannmu View Post
Does anyone have any reading materials or tools they are willing to share for a brand new person to purchasing? I have an assistant who has never worked in purchasing before; I can share my knowledge, but it would be great to provide her with written materials to assist in her learning. I am having a hard time finding anything available online. Any assistance would be helpful!
Leverage this www.ism.ws site as much as possible ....you can start with "The Basics" on this web site then work your way down each major category and subtopics under each: http://www.esourcingwiki.com/index.php/Wiki_series
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 PM

Default Dakotas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAMANDO13 View Post

Please Help!
Leverage LinkedIn and search connections/people in N Dakota (in supply chain), make the connection by asking (briefly) for advice how a buyer might get managers attn. When you get a job description make it easy for the hiring manager and HR by doing a juxtaposed/table list of their need and how you fill it (and attach a resume, of course). There are jobs for buyers to support the Bakken play and Three Forks play in the energy sector of the Dakotas. ...consider getting a USA email, the UK email may throw people off.

Also- consider using YouTube to review/sharpen Excel skills, esp Pivot Tables. Read sites like http://www.esourcingwiki.com/index.php/Wiki_series to refresh you thinking. You might also look to become familiar with SharePoint sites (via YouTube of other instructional sites) as companies want this skill more often (not hard to get familiar with). ERP systems is the next one but more difficult to learn off the job (SAP or JD Edwards/Oracle)
Old 03-20-2014, 09:00 PM
KS_Purchasing_Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannmu View Post
Getting back to this, Joann:

I would recommend, for a new buyer, the Next Level Purchasing's "SPSM" certificate. It doesn't require a bachelors, but it has a lot of pragmatic skills and techniques for a new and intermediate buyer.