Forums  

Go Back   Forums > ISM Discussion Area > Academics Discussions

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
ebur47

Default CPSM Study Materials - are some better than others?

Good Afternoon,

I am looking to start studying for my CPSM certification without monetary support from my company. Thus, I am looking to do this in the most cost effective manner and noted there are a multitude of study materials on the site; however, I have a feeling not all are needed.

I would prefer to to this self study versus attending a course and was hoping people that have taken the exams could provide input on what helped most to prepare. Are there resources that are more helpful than others (e.g. should I get just the study guide and diagnostic kit or should I get individual study workbooks as well)?

I appreciate any help in advance.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 PM

Ive been self-studying my way through as well. Passed the 1st exam using just the Study Guide. Passed the 2nd exam using just the hardcover book "Effective Supply Management Performance." Felt pretty prepared for both & did not feel that either the book or study guide was more effective - passed both, though there were things on each that I wasn't completely familiar with. Am just using the Study Guide for #3. I recomend just the study guides.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM
ebur47

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I ordered the Study Guide, so hopefully I will be able to start looking through information next week.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 AM

Default Self Study

How is going with your self study - I just started...
Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Mercedita

Default Used Study Guides

I am looking for "used" study guides for exams 1 and 2 that I can purchase. Is anyone willing to sell them? I really appreaciate it.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 PM
philimba

I passed my three exams. I used only hardcover Study Guide. They tell not only what but also why, provide adequate cases and details. Good for real-life reference. I wish there are digital version so that searching will be easier.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:45 PM
sunilpkkumar

Default CPSM exam center in Riyadh

Hi Friends

can any help me out by providing the CPSM exam center details and when are the exam schdeules in Riyadh.

thanks
Sunil
Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM
aslamhayat

Default CPSM Exam in dammam

dear gents, i wna to start CPSM can any one tell me that the exam date and schedule in dammam
secondly which books i prefer to be purchased to get throgh the exam with optimum price.
thanks
Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 PM
michelle3658

Default study materials

For Exam 1, I used the Professional Series text and study guide. The exam was hard - but I managed to finish with more than 15 minutes left to go over "flagged" questions.

If you truly take the time to read the books and apply practical work knowledge - you will be fine. Good Luck!!