Forums  

Go Back   Forums > ISM Discussion Area > Credentials Discussions

Old 06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
woodyarr

Exclamation Passed the practice exams... now ready for the real thing?

I've studied using the 3 study guides while also using my own materials. I've taken the practice exams from the diagnostics kit 2 times each and passed every time in the 430 - 460 range.

For those that have taken the test, would you say that those scores would be sufficient to pass the real exams?

Basically what I am asking is if the real exams are harder than the practice exams and if I might expect about the same or lower scores on the actual tests.

Are the practice tests comparable to the actual tests?

Thanks,
Woody
Old 07-25-2010, 01:45 PM
tdeocares29

Hello Woody,

Passing the practice exams does not guarantee that you'll also pass the actual exams. You should remember that there are lots of materials in the study guides and other references, and questions can be tweaked, rephrased or taken from other sections of the tasks not covered by your practice exams. As long as you have mastery and in-depth knowledge of the relevant subject matter, then it is safe to say that you will pass the actual exams. The only way to do this is to read and re-read the materials until all the concepts and supply management applications seep entirely into your brain. Familiarity and concept recall with the study materials are essential factors in achieving a passing mark during the actual exams.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
T
Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 PM
denny.vigil

Todd,

Did you pass the exams? I am in a similar situation as you were and wanted to get your thoughts on how your score on the practice exam cooresponded to your score on the actual exam.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
denny.vigil

Sorry, mean to say Woody