Resource Guide: Organizational Models for the Supply Management Function
- The 21st-Century Ideal Supply Management Organizational Format for 2005. Peter E. O'Reilly. ISM's 90th Annual International Supply Management Conference Proceedings, May 2005.
- Creating Corporate Advantage through Purchasing: Toward a Contingency Model. Frank A. Rozemeijer, Argan Van Weele, & Mathieu Weggeman. Journal of Supply Chain Management®, Winter 2003, p. 4.
- Achieving World Class Purchasing Through Solving the Centralized vs. Decentralized Organizational Dilemma. Peter O'Reilly, C.P.M. 87th Annual International Supply Management Conference, May 2002.
- The Supply Organizational Structure Dilemma. P. Fraser Johnson and Michiel R. Leenders. Journal of Supply Chain Management®, Summer 2001, p. 4.
- Is Your Organization Changing to a Leveraged Pyramid? Joseph L. Cavinato and Virgina M. Tucker. Purchasing Today®, July 2000, p. 41.
- Adapting to Structural Change. Mary Siegfried Dozbaba. Purchasing Today®, May 2000, p. 50.
- Managing Changes to Organizational Structures. P. Fraser Johnson and Michiel R. Leenders. Purchasing Today®, February 2000, p. 72.
- Evolving Roles and Responsibilities of Purchasing Organizations. P. Fraser Johnson, Michiel R. Leenders, and Harold E. Fearon. International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, Winter 1998.
- Redesigning the Purchasing Process for Maximum Effectiveness. NAPM InfoEdge, March 1996.
- To Centralize or Not - The Pendulum Keeps Swinging. Martin J. Carrara. NAPM Insights, June 1995, p. 52.
Articles From Other Sources:
Please log in to view the Articles From Other Sources.
- The Purchasing Handbook (7th Edition). Editors Joseph L. Cavinato, Anna E. Flynn and Ralph G. Kauffman. 2006. McGraw-Hill. Available from ISM by calling 800/888-6276 x401.
This reference book features a chapter on "Funcion and Form in Supply Management Organizations."
- ISM Technotes: Job Descriptions for Supply Management. 2001. Institute for Supply Management™. To order, call 800/888-6276 x 401
This updated book, with text on an accompanying disk, has over 80 actual job descriptions which range from entry to executive level.
Please log in to see third party products.