Resource Guide: Services Purchasing
- Contracting for Services. Ernest G. Gabbard, C.P.M. 92nd Annual International Supply Management Conference Proceedings, 2007.
- Contracting for Services: A Review of the Contracting Process. Jim Haining, C.P.M. and James Kiser, C.P.M. 92nd Annual International Supply Management Conference Proceedings, 2007.
- How to E-Auction the Intangible. Bryan Robinson, C.P.M. Inside Supply Management®, July 2005, p. 10.
- Services Spend Breaks New Ground. Jill Schildhouse. Inside Supply Management®, July 2005, p. 24.
- Contracting for Services: What Are the Differences. Ernest G. Gabbard. Inside Supply Management®, July 2005, p. 14.
- Opportunity Abounds with Services Purchasing. Fabio Rosati. Inside Supply Management®, July 2005, p. 39.
- Writing an Effective Scope of Work. Jim Haining. 90th Annual International Conference Proceedings, 2005.
- Understanding and Managing the Services Supply Chain. Lisa M Ellram, Wendy L. Tate, and Corey Billington. The Journal of Supply Chain Management, November 2004, p. 17.
- Service Purchases: Not Your Typical Grind. Roberta J. Duffy and Anna E. Flynn. Inside Supply Management®, September 2003, p. 28.
- Purchasing Services on the Internet: Is There a Fit?. Jo Ellen Hatfield. Inside Supply Management®, May 2002, p. 20.
- Introduction to Purchasing Services. Peter O'Reilly, David H. Garrison, and Frederic Khalil. NAPM InfoEdge, Volume 5, Number 3, May 2001.
- Service Contracts. Peter O’Reilly, David H. Garrison, and Frederic Khalil. NAPM InfoEdge, Volume 5, Number 3, May 2001.
- Special Article for Business Services Supply Managers- Out with the Old, In with the New. John Yuva and Sung Won Sohn, Ph.D. Purchasing Today®, April 2001, p. 39.
- Leveraging Knowledge, Reaping Rewards. Carolyn Pye Sostrom. Purchasing Today®, April 2000, p. 59.
- I Bought The Law: Purchasing Legal And Other Professional Services. Lynn D. Krauss, C.P.M., J.D. NAPM's 84th Annual International Conference, 1999.
- Innovative Procurement of Non-Traditional Services: An Implementation Perspective. Steve Kesinger, C.P.M., A.P.P. NAPM's 84th Annual International Conference, 1999.
Articles From Other Sources:
Please log in to view the Articles From Other Sources.
- Buying Nontraditional Services. Online seminar from the ISM Knowledge Center. Available online at www.ism-knowledgecenter.ws.
Learn the steps to take to gain control over nontraditional services spend in this self-study course.
- Buying Services (Statement of Work). Online seminar from the ISM Knowledge Center. Available online at www.ism-knowledgecenter.ws.
Explore the proper use and development of statements of work in this self-study course.
- Performance-Based Service Procurement. Online seminar from the ISM Knowledge Center. Available online at www.ism-knowledgecenter.ws.
This self-directed course addresses the planning, development and implementation of performance based services procurement.
- Focus On Services Purchasing. 2003. Available from ISM by calling: 800/888-6276 or 480/-752-6276, Ext. 401.
This latest addition to the ISM "Focus On" series is a collection of 47 articles from past ISM publications. Featuring topics like general services purchasing, technology in services purchasing and categories of services purchasing, including advertising, construction, consulting, healthcare, legal services, temporary labor, travel, utilities and telecommunications and waste management/janitorial services.
- Focus On Cost Containment Strategies. 2003. Available from ISM by calling: 800/888-6276 or 480/-752-6276, Ext. 401.
This collection of over 30 previously published ISM articles provides an in-depth look at the strategies used by purchasing and supply managers to contain costs throughout the supply chain. Topics covered are establishing a cost control program, approaches to cost containment, cost/price analysis, supplier-focused strategies, and special cost control considerations.
Please log in to see third party products.
- ISM’s Bid Specifications Database. Available from ISM's web site:
http://www.ism.ws, go to the Members Only area, and click on Additional Resources.
Please log in to view external Web Sites.
Please log in to view the Other Resources.