Message from your President
Glenda B. Mims, C.P.M.
January 14, 2013
The New Year is a time to reflect on the changes we want or need to make and I hope you are motivated to improve your skill sets by utilizing what ISM has to offer. Listed below are February opportunities:
FACE TO FACE SEMINARS
ISM - Contracting: what all the Ts and Cs mean
4-5 February 2013, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
ISM - Effective supply management: analytical techniques for decision making
4-5 February 2013, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
ISM - Power negotiations: unlock your powers of influence and persuasion
6-8 February 2013, San Diego, California, USA
ISM - Negotiation strategies: beyond the basics, optimizing value
20-22 February 2013, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
ISM - Fundamentals of inventory management
25-26 February 2013, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
ISM – 10TH Annual Black Executive Supply Management Summit
5-7 February 2013, New Orleans, LA, USA
ISM – 5TH Annual Women Executive Supply Management Summit
5-7 February 2013, New Orleans, LA USA
ISM – How to effectively manage a software purchase
7 February 2013, Time 11:00 AM CST
Materials Manager Position Posting
At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Materials Manager will be responsible for all production scheduling, materials planning, materials control, materials strategy, and all materials project initiatives. This position is also a key enabler of lean and continuous improvement in the plant. In addition, this position is accountable for materials department indirect labor productivity. Key performance indicators for this position are inventory turns, on-time shipping to requested date and/or order fill rate, and days past due.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline (MBA desirable).
• APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), or commitment to obtain within the first 18 months of employment.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated functions of materials management in a custom engineer to order manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and progressive supplier relationships.
• A minimum of 3 years in managerial experience focusing on standardizing planning & execution, reducing sourcing complexity, and talent development.
• Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
• Expert in MS Excel plus experience in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint software
Contact: Kennisha Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Ft. Smith, AR
Write the Webmaster
Write the Webmaster
© Copyright 2003 Institute for Supply Management; All Rights Reserved