Diversity Mentor Program
The ISM Diversity Committee Mentor program is an ongoing Student/Mentor relationship established to promote this goal. It pairs historically disadvantaged groups of college students ("Mentees"), who major in one of the Supply Chain Management disciplines, with Mentors who are recognized career Supply Management professionals. These Mentors and Mentees meet regularly in order to determine needs and requirements of the students, identify the students' goals and assist in their professional development, all in furtherance of the objective of developing future world-class Supply Management professionals.
Mentor Program Videos
Testimonials by Mentees:
- "Had a great year in the program!"
Diane Ortiz-Merced, Tennessee State University, 2013-2014 Diversity Program Mentee
- "Most rewarding investment of your time as an ISM student member!"
Nikote Etienne, Howard University, 2nd year MBA Class of 2014 Supply Chain Management, 2013-2014 Diversity Program Mentee
Testimonials by Mentors:
- "Mentoring dynamic individuals through the diversity program reminds me of the boundless enthusiasm and talent that high performing minorities bring to our profession, a great experience for us both."
Philip G Hancock, CPSM, CPSD, Owner, Glenochil Associates, 2013-2014 Diversity Program Mentor
- "The ISM Diversity Mentor program has been extremely rewarding. Anyone would be amazed at the diversity, talent and maturity that my mentees have exhibited throughout the process. Our new generations are poised and challenged to innovate in order to keep the profession moving, especially because of the tools and ease of communications that we have available. The sky is truly the limit for our SCM recruits, I am grateful for the opportunity to share my experience with them."
Ricardo Ortiz, Drummond Company, Inc.
- ISM Diversity Welcome Page
- Supplier Diversity
- Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity® (CPSD®)
- Diversity Committee
- ISM Diversity Committee Mentor Program
- Additional Resources