Table of Contents
Martin J. Carrara, J.D., C.P.M.
Martin J. Carrara is director of contract management in global procurement at Pharmacia & Upjohn Company. He has held various purchasing and supply management positions with Citibank, N.A.; NYNEX/Bell Atlantic; and L.K. Comstock & Co. Mr. Carrara is a former president of NAPMNew York, Inc. and was the 1995 recipient of the J.H. Leonard Award. He is an instructor of C.P.M. review and contract law seminars for various NAPM affiliates, a former adjunct instructor in New York University's Purchasing and Materials Management Certificate Program, and has authored several "Legal Briefs" columns in Purchasing Today® Mr. Carrara holds a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and MBA and BS degrees from Wagner College. He is a member of the New York and New Jersey Bars.
Ernest G. Gabbard, J.D., C.P.M., CPCM
Ernest G. Gabbard is director of procurement and contracting for Allegheny Teledyne Inc. at their corporate headquarters. He has previously held procurement and contracting management positions with Litton and Hughes. Mr. Gabbard is a frequent speaker on purchasing and contracting law and management for NAPM and the National Contract Management Association, and has taught these subjects for the University of California and California State University. He holds several college degrees, including a Juris Doctorate degree from Santa Barbara College of Law. He is a member of the California State Bar and the Federal Bar Association.
- Gabbard, E.G., "Does U.S. Law Apply?," Purchasing Today®, September 1998
- Johnstone, J.M., "The Robinson-Patman Act: No Barrier to Effective Purchasing," Purchasing Today®, September 1996
- King, D.B., and Ritterskamp, J.J., Desk Book of Purchasing Law, Prentice-Hall, 1993
- Legal Aspects of International Sourcing, Business Laws, Inc., 1998
- Morrison, T., Conway, W.A., and Border, G.A., Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands, Adams Media Corporation, 1994
FOR FURTHER READING
- Axtell, R.E., The Do's and Taboos of International Trade: A Small Business Primer, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1994
- Carrara, M.J., "A Contract Clause for Abritration," Purchasing Today®, November 1997
- Carrara, M.J., "The Emerging UCC Article 2B," Purchasing Today®, May 1998
- Carrara, M.J., "Licensing of Software Under UCC Article 2B," Purchasing Today®, July 1998
- Cain, D., "Happy Endings," Purchasing Today®, November 1998
- Dobbins, S.K., Haluch, F.J., and Kolchin, M.G., "What Does 'F.O.B. Shipping Point' Mean?," NAPM Insights, June 1993
- Manos, K.L., "Legal: To Involve or Not To Involve…," Purchasing Today®, June 1998
- Pinkerton, R.L., and Kemp, D.J., "The Industrial Buyer and the Robinson-Patman Act," International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, Winter 1996
- Ricketts, D.J., "All's Well That's Contracted Well," Purchasing Today®, June 1998
World Wide Web Virtual Library: Law: Main Index
Indiana University Law School
The Pace Law School CISG Web site provides the text of the CISG, as well as updates on various countries' standing on the issue and related materials.
The New York University Environmental Law Journal
U.S. Federal Government Agencies Directory LSU Libraries
The Joint Committee on Information Technology Resources (JCITR)
Back to Top