20+ Reasons to Join Today
- Inside Supply Management®
ISM's magazine contains thought-provoking discussions and information on those topics most relevant to today's forward-thinking, strategic supply managers. Published exclusively for ISM members.
- Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report On Business® (ROB)
ISM's monthly survey of purchasing statistics is the first of its kind. It's considered by many economists to be the most reliable, near-term economic barometer available today.
- Unlimited Access to ISM's Website
Unlock the possibilities of this valuable resource. Members can search an extensive database of supply management information, take part in professional forums, contact affiliates or other related organizations, and learn about ISM's assortment of educational products and services. Members also have access to:
- The Online Career Center — search a database of employment listings from across the country, post your résumé for organizations to see, search for the perfect employee, or take advantage of other career-enhancing tools. New features added often.
- The ISM Online InfoCenter — without a doubt, the largest purchasing and supply management library around. Check frequently — new information is added all of the time.
- Supply Management Advocate
No one understands better than ISM how supply management affects the bottom line, and no one promotes the profession like ISM. As a member you have access to ISM's printed and electronic materials which can help you do this within your organizational infrastructure as well. Let us help you communicate your value-added contributions to senior management.
- CPSM® and CPSD™ Programs
ISM offers certification programs that are known throughout the world. Obtaining your certification demonstrates to your current or future employer that you are serious about the profession.
Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) —The Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) is the credential that surpasses the demands of the international marketplace with multi-faceted skills in areas such as finance, supplier relationship management, organizational global strategy and risk compliance.
Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™ (CPSD™) — The CPSD™ (Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™) is a professional designation for supply chain professionals who demonstrate knowledge, skills and expertise in supplier diversity. CPSD™ is also for business professionals with responsibility for strategic diversity initiatives. This professional designation demonstrates to your employer, your colleagues, your suppliers and even your customers that you are serious about helping your organization and diverse suppliers succeed.
ISM certifications are designed for those working in any of the major private, public, or non-profit work sectors. As a member you'll receive substantial discounts on study materials, testing and other related fees.
- Affiliate Benefits
Gain valuable contacts within your community and keep current on the issues that affect you. Regular membership includes membership in one of 150+ affiliates around the world. Find yours here.
- Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit
Network with more than 2,000 peers at the only international conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management. Examine emerging trends and challenges during comprehensive workshops conducted by your peers. The conference attracts distinguished keynote speakers to discuss current national and international issues and features several sessions highlighted by prominent corporate leaders. Members receive significant savings on registration fees.
- Professional Groups and Forums
Gain a deeper understanding of your area of expertise and develop valuable connections when you join an ISM Group or Forum. Select from a wide variety of interest areas including services, materials management, health care and hospitality.
- Member Benefit Programs
As an ISM member you'll have access to an ever-expanding set of benefit programs, in most cases providing discounts on unique, helpful products and services beyond what can be found elsewhere.
- Commodity Tracking via Propurchaser.com — Easy-to-use tools and data to prepare for negotiations and strike better deals. ISM members are entitled to a 60-day trial membership, and savings if they decide to join.
This is 30 days longer than the standard trial period you will see referenced on the Propurchaser webpage. Once you have completed the information form and indicated that you are a member of ISM, an additional 30 days will be added to the standard trial period.
- Supply Chain Council (SCC) — ISM members receive access to SCC's SCORmark® supply chain benchmarking database and receive member rates for SCOR Framework and Project workshops. The Supply Chain Operations Reference model (SCOR), the supply chain management community's most widely accepted framework for evaluating and comparing supply chain activities and performance. Members may access the SCOR frameworks, benchmarking, training, certification, research and networking. Also, receive SCC member pricing for the SCC Annual Conference
- Book Reviews via The Business Source — concise summaries of popular business books delivered to your in-box each month. Learn best practices and powerful insights from leading thinkers such as Stephen Covey, Malcolm Gladwell and Jack Welch. Members receive a subscription to the Business Source for 70% off the retail price.
- Purchasing & Supply Sourcing Guide — an online vendor search designed specifically for supply management industry professionals. The Guide enables professionals to conveniently perform targeted searches for industry-related products and services using either a user-defined keyword search, or an alphabetized category and sub-category directory search.
- ISM Knowledge Center
The ISM Knowledge Center provides a number of supply management classes which you can take online, at your own pace. Covering topics from cost price analysis to supplier management, the ISM Knowledge Center is a terrific way to sharpen your skills. ISM members receive a discount on registration fees. Even better, selected courses are available for free. Test one out today.
- Seminar Discounts
Enhance your professional development and job performance when you enroll in one of ISM's many seminars held throughout the country each year. Experienced instructors, thought-provoking sessions, and numerous topics are just some of the reasons these programs often fill up quickly. And don't forget — members save hundreds with each registration.
Also available — satellite seminars, broadcast to participating organizations. Addressing different supply management issues and offered several times throughout the year, satellite seminars are live alternatives that allow you to interact with speakers and peers without leaving your city.
- Professional Development Resources
ISM offers a wide variety of products to help complete your supply management information library. Our books and other self-study products will broaden your knowledge and sharpen your skills. Topics include, but are not limited to, global sourcing, supply management, negotiations, legal issues, and leadership. All ISM members receive discounts on professional development resources.
Important supply management or membership-related content delivered directly to your in-box.
- eSide Supply Management — a bimonthly e-publication featuring career advice, research results, international business tips for when you travel, social responsibility case studies, negotiating strategies and more — exclusively for ISM members.
- Member's Edge — helpful reminders and information of special interest to ISM members, including new benefits, networking opportunities, educational offerings, and more. Distributed periodically throughout the year.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Hone your interpersonal skills and leadership abilities while serving your profession. Participate in key projects at your affiliate, serve as an affiliate officer, contribute to an ISM Group or Forum, or serve on an ISM committee — such as the ISM Business Survey Committee — and get into the action.
Being active in your profession speaks volumes to coworkers, colleagues, customers and others you interact with every day. For those taking it to the next level — ISM honors members for outstanding performance in the categories of Education/Learning, Innovation/Creativity, Leadership, Marketing/Communicating and Volunteerism.
- Industry Research
View ISM's annual Salary Survey and see how you compare to others in the industry. The full report available free to ISM members — a $199 value.
- Glossary of Key Supply Management Terms
A valuable tool for supply professionals, academics, researchers and students, the fourth edition of the Glossary includes information from all disciplines within supply management. Available to members through the ISM website.
- New Member Benefit — Certificate Frame Program
These high-quality, hardwood frames are specifically designed for ISM certificates. Display your achievement within minutes after receiving in the mail. Just pop it in and hang it in your home or office. Special rates for ISM members.
- CAPS Research
ISM members have limited access to the supply management-related research studies and benchmark reports published by CAPS Research. To set up your individual account, click here and complete the on-line registration.
Who Can Join ISM?
Any person interested in the supply management field shall be eligible to be a Direct Member or Regular Member of an Affiliated Association provided that such person does not solicit business on behalf of such person or his or her employer during meetings of any ISM activity, including without limitation, meetings of Affiliated Associations (including chapters) ISM Committees and ISM Groups and Forums (as defined in Policy).
In principle and in practice, the Institute values and seeks a diverse membership, volunteer leadership, and staff. There are no barriers to full participation in the Institute on the basis of ethnic background, gender, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
The Institute values the efforts, knowledge and commitment of all volunteers and staff, and structures the volunteer system to maintain continuity by encouraging participation in integrated activities to enhance value-added activities and optimize productivity.
More information can be found here.
Download ISM's membership brochure.
Rate and Review this item