Improving Indirect/MRO Management
Note: This seminar has not been scheduled for any venue at this time. Please search for other available seminars.
This program provides a broadened view of indirect/MRO management with proven strategies to cut costs, eliminate waste and streamline processes. Open the door to successful sourcing by improving forecasts and supplier response time, trimming transaction costs and enhancing communication.
Who Should Attend
Purchasing and supply management professionals who want to reduce costs and increase the effectiveness of their indirect/MRO spend.
You Will Learn...
- How to leverage your indirect/MRO spend for significant cost reduction
- Techniques for improved supplier management and development
- How the latest process developments in indirect/MRO supply management can simplify your system and reduce its administrative cost
- Low-cost technology options
You Will Earn...
14 continuing education hours
- How is indirect/MRO different from other purchasing?
- Managing and forecasting inventories and services; Routine and emergency; MRO versus MRP; Planned maintenance
- Typical modes of indirect/MRO contracting; Annual contracts; Blanket orders; Systems contracts; Procurement cards
- Managing communications, Suppliers, Carriers, Users
- Advanced indirect/MRO supply management
- Leveraging technology to improve indirect/MRO; Online catalogs; Sourcing on the Internet
- Reengineering your indirect/MRO process; Integrating process improvements to reduce administrative effort
- Leveraging your spend to cut transaction costs and administrative effort
- Outsourcing: An option in indirect/MRO supply management
- Case studies: Hear how others have successfully reengineered their indirect/MRO processes to cut internal transaction steps, improve supplier response and drive down cost
© Copyright ISM 2012
If you would like to bring this seminar onsite to your organization, please click here.
Your hotel information will be included in your confirmation letter. You are responsible for your hotel reservation.
Please be sure to read all Seminar Registration Information prior to registering for a course.