10th Annual R. Gene Richter Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students
Information for 2013-2014 Academic Year
The R. Gene and Nancy D. Richter Foundation and the R. Gene Richter Scholarship fund at ISM will provide a US$5,000 scholarship (US$2,500 for December graduates) to individuals seeking education in supply management, supply chain management or procurement. An eligible student will be in his or her senior year during the 2013-2014 academic year and be enrolled full-time in an accredited supply management, supply chain management or procurement program with the intention of specializing in the supply management profession.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Attained High Academic Achievement — Recipients of this award have earned outstanding grades. Transcripts are looked at very closely.
- Demonstrated Strong Leadership Ability — Past winners have been active participants in campus activities and are usually an officer in one of the organizations. Others have led charitable efforts within their communities. They are involved.
- Demonstrated High Ethical Standards — This is a very important aspect of the program. Answers to essay questions are especially relevant to assessing the applicants' ethics. This is an area explored in greater depth during the personal interview.
- Made a Strong Commitment to Pursuing a Career in the Field of Supply Management — This is best shown through participation in the campus ISM chapter or other campus supply chain management associations. In addition, we would expect that an applicant has completed, or is planning to complete, an internship in the supply chain management field.
Eligible students will:
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited supply management curriculum (supply chain management, purchasing or procurement).
- Be in their senior year during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Graduate in either December 2013 or Spring 2014.
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada, or possess a valid green card.
- Attend the Annual International Conference sponsored by ISM on April 28-May 1, 2013 in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas.
- Sign a contract with the R. Gene and Nancy D. Richter Foundation for Richter Scholarships awarded by the Foundation. Sign a contract with ISM for Richter Scholarships awarded by the R. Gene Richter Scholarship Fund at ISM. The contract is a pledge that the monetary award will be used for educational expenses (this includes living expenses).
Scholarship Program Application (online) or downloadable PDF Application
Application Deadline is February 8, 2013
Promotional Flyer for the R. Gene Richter Scholarship Program
Rate and Review this item