Summary of all Program Formats
Achieve a high-level of expertise for your entire team when you choose from a variety of professional development format options:
- Customized Training and Development Seminars (Onsite)
- Knowledge Center Courses (Web-based training for business)
- Blended and Customized Learning Programs
- Certificate Programs
Remember — members receive significant discounts on some educational products, ISM educational conferences and events. For a full listing of member benefits — please go to www.ism.ws/membership/content.cfm?ItemNumber=5605
Customized Training and Development Seminars (Onsite)
Traditional, instructor-led professional seminars provided onsite at your location. Instructor's credentials, seminar pricing and training customization services are available upon request.
Delivered at your facility, these seminars interactively present usable information through proven learning methods that include group participation activities, case study discussions, role-playing and problem-solving. Led by instructors who maintain exceptional presentation skills, these sessions are valued worldwide for quality content and materials. These two- or three-day programs are limited to 35 participants. Each session provides real-world solutions that your team can begin using immediately.
- Karen Collins, Senior Executive - Onsite Education, at email@example.com
Knowledge Center Courses (Online)
Delivered online through the ISM Knowledge Center, Web-based online courses address various supply management topics and are available in a variety of topics. These online courses can provide a cost-effective and efficient method for employee training. All that's needed is a computer and access to the Internet. For additional information on online courses offered through ISM's Knowledge Center, contact ISM Customer Service at 800/888-6276, extension 401.
- Self-Directed Online Courses provide participants with complete flexibility to determine how often they access content and how quickly they complete each course. Courses are between one and fourteen hours in length, some courses include a pre-test, and most include a post-test. All courses have a 12-month registration. Knowledge Center courses are available in a variety of topics.
- Instructor-Led Online Courses are facilitated by proven subject-matter experts and are delivered privately. Participation requires a minimum of 10 attendees and a maximum of 30. Duration is four weeks with defined start and end dates. Courses include online interaction with the course instructor and other participants. Although individual and team activities are included, courses are offered in an asynchronous format which allows access to the content anytime, day or night. Participants should plan to devote four to six hours per week to complete coursework. Visit the Knowledge Center for a list of course topics.
- Download a copy of ISM's Online Course Guide (PDF).
Blended and Customized Learning Programs
Blended and customized learning programs combine the best of a variety of delivery methods. Each program is available to an audience of up to 35 participants. Our standard approach is to include face-to-face, Web-based self-paced, live conference calls and self-study assignments in each program. However, you can elect to change the mix of delivery methods used. And, you can change and modify program length. An assessment is also included with each program.
Certificate Programs are designed to help employees gain expertise in a specific content area. Each Program can include an Applied Project which is conducted outside the coursework. The Applied Project provides a hands-on opportunity to identify real-world challenges. Participants develop a plan, conduct analysis and make recommendations. Certificate programs are not available to the general public and are offered in a variety of topics that can be tailored specifically for your organization. ISM can work with you to develop a certificate program that meets the unique needs of your organization.
Educational Conferences & Events
Numerous conferences and educational events take place throughout the year focusing on new methods, technology and other supply management issues.
Educational Materials such as books, CD/DVD's, self-study workbook courses, are also available online to aid your professional development, training and certification efforts.
For additional information, please contact:
|Karen P. Collins, CPSM, C.P.M., A.P.P.
Senior Executive - Onsite Education
Institute for Supply Management™
2055 East Centennial Circle
Tempe, AZ 85284
800/888-6276 or 480/752-6276 Ext. 3123