Capital Equipment Purchasing: Big Risk, Big Dollars, and Big Results
Note: This seminar has not been scheduled for any venue at this time. Please search for other available seminars.
Is your capital spend eating away at your budget? Effectively purchase high-dollar capital equipment while minimizing risk and maximizing profits. Achieve organizational objectives by enhancing the capital expenditures process and determining when to use lease-versus-buy alternatives.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who want to learn how to effectively purchase large-dollar capital equipment minimize risk and maximize profits.
You Will Learn...
- How to use the capital expenditure process to achieve corporate objectives
- How to effectively source capital purchases
- When to make lease-or-buy alternative decisions
- How to control a capital budget
You Will Earn...
14 continuing education hours
- Capital expenditure analysis; Capital expenditure definition; Understanding the corporate planning cycle; Capital expenditure evaluation and control tools; Strategic plan; Capital forecasts; Operating forecasts; Operating budgets; The capital expenditure process
- Capital equipment purchasing overview; Achieving the corporate objective; Capital analysis; Components of the cost of capital and methods to determine capital cost; Financial return analysis methods; Project evaluation techniques
- Supplier sourcing; Supplier financial analysis; Site visits; Bid process, evaluation, and selection criteria
- Negotiations in capital purchasing; Control of negotiations and supplier relations; Goals and objectives; Planning and preparation; Elements of a successfully negotiated contract
- Lease-versus-buy alternatives; Definition and IRS qualifications of a lease; Lease terminology; The lease-versus-buy decision process; Leasing and purchasing cost evaluation
- Administration of the capital acquisition; Responsibility for forecast preparation; Capital budget tracking systems; Controlling capital projects in progress
- The post-completion audit; Purposes of audits and types of post-completion audits; Form and content of post-audits; Problems of post-audits and some solutions
© Copyright ISM 2012
If you would like to bring this seminar onsite to your organization, please click here.
Your hotel information will be included in your confirmation letter. You are responsible for your hotel reservation.
Please be sure to read all Seminar Registration Information prior to registering for a course.
Rate and Review this item