Thursday, April 22, 2010
Preliminary Program Outline
Note: This outline is subject to change before the broadcast.
Segment 1: Overview
- Roles of supply management professionals and the importance of global supply trade management in a company competing in world trade
- Aspects and issues to compete successfully in global trade and the interface with supply chain professionals.
- How companies get become world class through supply chain initiatives.
Segment 2: Leveraging International Inventory, Warehousing and Distribution
- Domestic and international considerations, issues and concepts
- Bonded warehouses & Foreign Trade Zones
- Technology options
- Investment recovery, surplus and disposal
Segment 3: Managing Carriers and Service Providers to Gain Logistics Advantage
- Introduction of the players and their role in the Domestic and the Global Supply Chain
- Carriers and service providers (e.g., third-party logistics, freight forwarders, etc.)
- Trade regulations and compliance
Segment 4: Establishing a "Best Practices World Class" Global Supply Chain
- Benefits and Consequences
- Ten steps to "World Class"
- Mitigating Supply Chain risks
- Reverse logistics and Importing and Exporting
- Sustainability and green
Back to main page.