Purchasing and Supply Management
Consortium purchasing, which can be between interorganizational units or between third party operations, is the pooling of requirements and resources among several companies and/or multiple company units.
You Will Learn
- How to identify candidate commodities for consortium buying and identify external consortiums
- How to form intra-company teams
- How to review advantages and disadvantages of risks and obstacles
- How to quantify potential savings
- How to prepare consortium formation or participation proposals
- How to initiate consortium buying activities
- History of consortium buying
- How consortiums work
- Forms of consortiums
- Advantages and disadvantages: for buyers and suppliers
- Best commodities for consortium buying
- Legal implications/concerns of consortium buying
- Responsibility of consortium members
- Supplier communications
- Confidentiality concerns
- Consortium teams
- Competitors as consortium members
- Consortiums in global markets
Who Should Attend
Purchasing and supply managers and buyers who want to achieve lower purchasing prices and lower costs of acquisition by leveraging the pooling of resources among several companies. This seminar is also valuable to suppliers who want to obtain advantages through larger production runs.
Rate and Review this item
, January 04, 2014
I would like to attend this course but cannot figure out how to register for it. Please advise where one has to register. It would be fantastic if the course was made available online. Please also confirm whether or not it is. Thanks!
, February 07, 2013
Is this class still offered? How would members go about requesting this course?