Strategic Supply Management
Supply Market Intelligence: Integration for Optimization
In this highly interactive working session, participants bring background information for a single category of a product or service to go through the steps of conducting a market research analysis. Review current market portals and information for data collection and analysis during the session.
Participants must bring a laptop computer, prepare background information on a product or service and complete the pre-read assignment prior to the program.
Who Should Attend
Supply management professionals and others who want to improve the effectiveness of their organization's supply chain and/or to identify key research insights and resources for meeting sourcing strategies.
You Will Learn
- How to build relationships with internal business units to understand their need for market intelligence
- How to develop a supply market research plan and collect relevant data from primary and secondary sources
- How to effectively filter market data and create key decision-support tools
- How to use Web-based portals to effectively access market research
- How to effectively integrate market intelligence into the strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management process
- How to develop an actual market research analysis through hands-on experience in working sessions
- Techniques to effectively monitor supply market conditions and periodically update key stakeholders on changes in the environment that require monitoring
- Methods for monitoring supply risk and identifying impacts on the business
- Address the need for deep supply market intelligence by building competitive intelligence to support the sourcing strategy. Evaluate the threat of supply disruption and its impact on shareholders.
- Review how to gather critical market intelligence for mitigating risk and developing a strategy.
- Understand stakeholders and develop a market research plan, from requirements to developing a research plan through collecting and analyzing the data and presenting the report.
- Develop insights into the global supply chain including political, economic, social, technology and environment.
- Use of market intelligence tools: Porter analysis, Pestle analysis, and industry forecasts including demand, technology, capacity, pricing and value stream.
- Participate in a working session on category strategy research by discussing, analyzing and presenting a case study.
- Integrate market research into strategic sourcing decisions and review the implications for sourcing strategy.
- Identify how to manage risk by identifying key performance indicators and triggering events, and develop a contingency plan for single or multiple sourcing options.