Forums  

Go Back   Forums > ISM Discussion Area > General Supply Management Discussions

Old 07-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Default breach of a PO to a company in UK

Hi Ė Hereís one for you! I'm a P.A. in a US company.
I placed a PO with a broker based in Great Britain, international-components.com .
They quoted stk, which they apparently never had, have stalled me for quite a long time, (it's been 6 months), finally said they shipped, only to receive 5ea (rather than 2000ea) incorrect samples, billed to my UPS acct, Express (about a $90 charge). Iíve given up hope and already requested a refund of the $2400 bank transfer, to which Iíve not recíd a reasonable response. They keep insisting they're "working on it"...Any recourse avenue, aside from contacting a lawyer - I'd like to take some steps on my own, if possible, to minimize the cost of collecting a refund?
Might you be able to give some profound advice or point me in some direction?

I mightíve expected this from some Pacific Rim outfit, but the UK...?!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
hvillarreal

Hi,
You may want to contact the UK's and the US's Better Business Bureau and Dunn & Bradstreet so that they may add your supplier to their delinquent companies list. But first, talk to your company legal person and tell him what you intend to do before doing anything. If approved to procede, let your supplier know what you intend to do if they don't comply with your request. Give them a maximum of 24 natural hours to comply. If they don't and your legal person approves, move forward. Put them on both the UK's and US's deliquent companies lists. The threat alone may do the trick, before going to legal.

Last but not least, when you get a chance, please take a look at the Sourcing & Supplier Development HELP FROM MEXICO link in the discussion forum, and let me know if I may be of help.

Regards,
Hugo