Forums  

Go Back   Forums > ISM Discussion Area > General Supply Management Discussions

Old 04-16-2012, 07:24 PM

Default Contract Insurance Requirements

I work for LLBean and we are trying to determine if having vendors provide us with a Certificate of Insurance is still adequate language in the contract and is providing us with the assurance that we are looking for.

I am getting pushback from legal counsel that we should be asking for the Declaration of Policy, including the listing of coverage forms, rather than the COI.

I am looking to see what others are doing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks kelly
Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 PM
SGaddis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159065 View Post
I work for LLBean and we are trying to determine if having vendors provide us with a Certificate of Insurance is still adequate language in the contract and is providing us with the assurance that we are looking for.

I am getting pushback from legal counsel that we should be asking for the Declaration of Policy, including the listing of coverage forms, rather than the COI.

I am looking to see what others are doing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks kelly
We still accept a COI. I have not had any issues with it. I also used to work for the State of Georgia, and they still accept the COI. From my experience, working for the state, they were the most strict with rules and cyb :-D.