Manager, Global Sourcing @ The Walt Disney Company based in Shanghai
This is a leadership role in Shanghai city, China in support of the global sourcing for Disney company worldwidely and focus on TP&R (Theme Park & Resort), DCL (Disney Cruise Line) included. The interested party is asked to send his/her up-to-date resume to Antony via email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your interests.
• Source/develop new suppliers to become qualified suppliers of Disney
• Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
• Lead a team of highly qualified Sourcing and Quality Control Specialists
• Hire, train and provide guidance and support to individual team members
• Understand the business requirements from the stakeholders worldwide and translate the requirements to the local suppliers
• Ongoing quality assurance of the suppliers to ensure they continuously meet our specification and quality requirement
• Provide rigorous cost and market analysis on the total cost of ownership
• Continuously identify new source/means to reduce the total cost of ownership
• Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
• Co-ordinate with our logistics team and suppliers to ensure delivery/shipment schedules are met
• Provide contract support and advice to Disney Sourcing and Procurement team on local statutory and regulatory requirements
• Ensure compliance to corporate, local statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
Critical Skills Required
• Excellent command in written and spoken English & Putonghua. Ability to speak Shanghai dialect and Cantonese is a plus.
• Extensive sourcing and supplier management experience in China, preferably with commodity experience in theme park, hotel and entertainment industry purchases.
• Demonstrated ability to exceed the demands of various internal stakeholders across multiple projects
• Deep supply chain management expertise
• Outstanding communication skills
• Demonstrated capacity to influence future clients at all levels in the organization
• Related industry experience procuring a diversified range of products and services
• Understanding and ability to apply e-procurement technologies
• Deep understanding of external market analysis to ensure best pricing/service mix
• Knowledge of best practices – e-bid, Ariba, procurement card, EDI, EFT, strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
• Experience with SAP or other ERP a plus
• 10+ years sourcing and supplier management experience – preferably with multinational companies
• University Degree in Business, English, Law or Engineering
• CPM, CPSM, CIPs or similar certification
• Internal/external business consulting experience desired
• Willingness to travel (mostly within China)
• Proven integrity record