Recruitment Sourcing Based in China
Please feel free to send your message of interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position as Sourcing Specialist is located in Shanghai or Guangzhou city, China.
This recruitment news are valid for long starting on June 14th, 2010
Position Title : Sourcing Specialist (Shanghai)
Department : Sourcing and Procurement
Based in : Shanghai
Reports to : Manager, Sourcing
In coordination/collaboration with the Theme Park And Resort Sourcing and Procurement teams, the Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team to perform sourcing and at times quality control functions in China to support sourcing needs in our various Theme Parks And Resorts worldwide.
This position requires excellent language skill in both spoken and written English/Putonghua as the individual will be responsible for interfacing with his/her business colleagues in US/Europe and local suppliers in China. The individual has to be resourceful in identifying suitable source of supply for various types of commodities used in theme park, hotels and commercial buildings. The individual has to be self-motivated, possess drive, enthusiasm and be a team player.
• Source/develop new suppliers to become qualified suppliers of Disney
• Support the RFP process initiated from the category lead worldwide
• Understand the business requirements from the stakeholders worldwide and translate the requirements to the local suppliers
• Ongoing vendor performance management to ensure they continuously meet our specification, quality requirement and Disney social compliance standard
• Provide cost benchmarking and market analysis data to Theme Parks And Resorts
• Continuously identify new source/means to reduce the total cost of ownership
• Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
• Co-ordinate logistics and ensure delivery/shipment schedules are met
• Provide contract support and advice to Theme Park And Resort Sourcing and Procurement team on local statutory and regulatory requirements
• Ensure compliance to corporate, local statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
Critical Skills Required
• Excellent command in written and spoken English & Putonghua. Ability to speak Cantonese and Shanghai dialect is a plus.
• Extensive sourcing and supplier management experience in China, preferably with commodity experience in theme park and hotel purchase.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Experience in export logistic is a plus
• Project management experiences is a plus
• Related industry experience procuring a diversified range of products and services
• Understanding and ability to apply e-procurement technologies
• Understanding of external market analysis to ensure best pricing/service mix
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite, (MS Project, MS Word and Excel)
• Experience with SAP or other ERP a plus
• 5+ years sourcing and supplier management experience – preferably with multinational companies
• University Degree in Engineering, or Business,
• CPM, CIPs or similar certification
• Internal/external business consulting experience desired
• Willingness to travel (mostly within China)
• Proven integrity record
• Work independently under least supervision