Forums  

Go Back   Forums > ISM Discussion Area > General Supply Management Discussions

Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
bakerbaker19

Default Construction Project Management

I am seeking to bid out a project manager for a construction project I will need to do in 2014. Looking for advice on how to best bid the process out. Questions to ask? Etc..

Thank you,
Old 09-20-2013, 07:39 PM

Talking Construction Project Management Services

This is considered professional services and can be handled differently depending on your organization. Particularly if you are a city, state, or federal agency. If you are a private organization you can check with your local American Insititue of Architects (AIA) or Associated General Contractors (AGC) office for some standard templates. As I stated before if you are a government agency you should follow a process called Consultant's Competitive Negotiation Act (CCNA) for the guidelines. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:02 PM
ahrani82

1. Avoid creation of employer-employee relationship. Make sure PM is treated as a contractor, not as employees.
2. Assessing the ability of the proposed PM is the most critical. In addition to reviewing cv, accreditation (PMP and/or post-secondary education) and references, I highly recommend interview session.
3. Ensure contract allows replacement of personnel or termination at the sole discretion of owner.
4. Instead of contracting with an individual (sole proprietorship), I recommend contracting with PCM company. From my experience, PM supplied by PCM company seems to have home-office supports and has more qualified pool of individuals.