Forums

Forums (http://ism.ws/bulletin/index.php)
-   Credentials Discussions (http://ism.ws/bulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Average Salary For Entry Level Job With A CPSM (http://ism.ws/bulletin/showthread.php?t=347)

000000375776 01-17-2013 09:07 AM

Average Salary For Entry Level Job With A CPSM

If a CPSM holder is to be hired for an entry level Buyer job how much is the average salary , let us say in aerospace industry / oil & petrochemicals industry

Just estimates for the average :)

jeffw 03-07-2013 12:51 AM

Entry level salary

Well, you have to have at least 3 years experience to get your CPSM. So it can't be completly entry level.

With 3 years experience I would guess maybe 50-60k a year.

Bump that up to 10 years experience and I would say 100k.

gsicard 11-14-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 000000375776 (Post 648)
an entry level Buyer job how much is the average salary

I hire entry level buyers frequently and have not seen one at entry level with CPSM credentials. I do not think the CPSM certification would influence the amount of salary that would be offered to an entry level buyer because they are, after all, entry level. If the knowledge gained in certification is properly applied on the job the CPSM holder should advance quickly based on their contribution to the organization... so to your question - the average salary for an entry level buyer is about $42,000 - Oil & Gas Sector.

Regards,
Gary

jkamando13 11-18-2013 11:02 PM

Unemployed -Desperate

Dear All,

I became unemployed in 2008, I have looked high and low and up to now I have not been able to secure anything, even an administrative assistant's role.

With a degree in business administration, 2 years in the US as a buyer with a prestigious University, 4 years in Kosovo as a buyer with the United Nations, 10 years as a Buyer in my native Kenya, my last Interview was with a major player in the power sector , in which I discovered I was one of ten applicants.
I have been surviving by doing temporary jobs as a Nurse Aide in nursing homes and as a Home Health Aide.
I have a diploma from C.I.P.S , I recently managed to get enough money to buy the subscription from ISM but I am unable to raise money for the CPSM. I will do anything , if there is anyone out there looking for someone who is ready,willing and available to give it their all , PLEASE , PLEASE contact me.
My Phone number is 856-470-8411, my email address is jkamando@yahoo.co.uk , I live in South Jersey and will relocate to any place on earth to find a job.
Please Help!

KS_Purchasing_Manager 12-05-2013 08:29 PM

[quote=000000375776;648]If a CPSM holder is to be hired for an entry level Buyer job how much is the average salary , let us say in aerospace industry / oil & petrochemicals industry

Just estimates for the average :)[/QUOTE

IMHO, a lot of this information can be researched from two primary sources: ISM's yearly salary survey, and the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wage Information.

two great places to start.

rishikumar 12-11-2013 11:39 AM

salary... 80000$

You will get approx 5000 - 8000 $ per annum after 3-5 years experiences.

Regards
Rishi +918605000382

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsicard (Post 809)
I hire entry level buyers frequently and have not seen one at entry level with CPSM credentials. I do not think the CPSM certification would influence the amount of salary that would be offered to an entry level buyer because they are, after all, entry level. If the knowledge gained in certification is properly applied on the job the CPSM holder should advance quickly based on their contribution to the organization... so to your question - the average salary for an entry level buyer is about $42,000 - Oil & Gas Sector.

Regards,
Gary