PDA

View Full Version : CPM cert before Dec?

old school
09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I am attempting to pass the 4 modules prior to the December deadline & was wondering if there are others working on this as well?

09-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I am attempting to pass the 4 modules prior to the December deadline & was wondering if there are others working on this as well?

I am sttempting to pass Mod 3 again. Still looking to get to 4 before time runs out. How was Mod 3 for you?

09-24-2009, 10:08 PM
I am currently not enrolled in the CPM Certification but looking into it. I'm trying to determine what is the best approach: CPM, CPSM or CPIM? Anyone know which would be most beneficial?

Thanks,
Carol Frank

rhoades1204
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes, I am currently finishing my CPM and am on target for completing by December. I need to finish Module 3 and 4 Exams. If you need any study materials for Module 1 or 2, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

rhoades1204
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Carol, since I already started my CPM, I am going to complete that. Then, I plan to take the bridge exam to gain my CPSM. I believe the CPSM will be the most beneficial in the world of Supply Chain world going forward.

martindj8565
10-15-2009, 04:38 AM
I too am trying to get all 4 mods before the end of the year. I am just getting confused and worried about whether I am studying the correct material and books.

martindj8565
10-15-2009, 04:40 AM
I too am trying to get all 4 mods before the end of the year. I am just getting confused and worried about whether I am studying the correct material and books.

So if anyone can confirm which material is going to give me the best overview I would appreciate it!

anita.sutton@startech.com
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I was told by ISM that using both the Study Guide, Diagnostic Kit and Knowledge Series would be most beneficial. That being said, I thought I could slide by with only the Study Guide and Diagnostic Kit and WAS WRONG! Approx 50% of the material this is on the exam is not covered in the guide.
I am taking module 3 tomorrow and am really worried about what is going to happen. I would suggest purchasing all items if you are going to properly prepare for and pass all modules.

Anyone have the Knowledge Series texts for modules 4 and 1?? Maybe even 3 - hope I pass!!!!!!!

rhoades1204
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Took Module 3 exam yesterday. Passed. Phew! I did not have the Knowledge Series texts, but did use the Study Guide and Diagnostic Kits. Would've been easier certainly with the Knowledge Series texts for sure, but don't not take it just because you can't get your hands on them either.

I'm on to Module 4, but there are no more Diagnostic Kits for module 4 available on the ISM website and I can't see to find anyone who has them or willing to share them. Do you have them? They are critical, I believe.

I have the Diagnostic CD's for Module 1. Do you need those? If so, I can ship them to you asap. If I find anyone that has the Knowledge Series for any module, I'll let you know and get them to you.

Go for it!

Mary in New York

rhoades1204
11-04-2009, 04:47 PM
You can do it! But the Diagnostic Kits are really good to prep 'cause they help you thru how the questions will be formatted in the actual exam. They've been a big help to me. I just finished (passed) module 3 yesterday. If you need any of them, let me know. I can send them to you.

Did you get the Module 4 Diagnostic Kit on CD? If so, I could sure use that one in November. If you have it and can share it, I could get it back to you before the end of the month. Just let me know.

Mary in New York

rhoades1204
11-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I am sttempting to pass Mod 3 again. Still looking to get to 4 before time runs out. How was Mod 3 for you?

Troy,

Mod 3 was good for me (tough, but good). My advice is to know Make-Buy decisions, Leases and ESI subject matter. I found that the Study Guide for this module covered everything in the exam. No surprises. Just know the material and you'll be fine.

Go for it!

kgrove
11-04-2009, 07:01 PM
I am having a tough time getting through these exams. I have taken 1 & 2 so far and failed. It was very discouraging. I used the ISM study guide and the diagnostic test kits. I did well on the practice tests. Now I have module 3 in 2 weeks. I really want to get through this. Any suggestions?

wisor9
11-10-2009, 04:07 PM
How long did most people study for each one of these tests?

woedon
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I heard some people saying 1 month each exam. I think it depends on the person and how much time you can dedicate to it. I will order my supplies soon to start my studying.

wisor9
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Why do these test have such a high failure rate?

11-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Anyone has MOD 3 Knowledge series? This is the only exam I have left and failed it twice. I have been using the self-study book and the study guide. I would be happy to purchase it from whoever has no use.

wisor9
11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Does anyone feel as I do that ISM should extend the deadline date of these exams

11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Does anyone feel as I do that ISM should extend the deadline date of these exams

it was extended once before

wisor9
12-01-2009, 11:51 AM
They extended the purchase date of the exams but not the time to complete the exams from my understanding

12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
i think i have Mod 4 diagnostic kit in a disc.

Took Module 3 exam yesterday. Passed. Phew! I did not have the Knowledge Series texts, but did use the Study Guide and Diagnostic Kits. Would've been easier certainly with the Knowledge Series texts for sure, but don't not take it just because you can't get your hands on them either.

I'm on to Module 4, but there are no more Diagnostic Kits for module 4 available on the ISM website and I can't see to find anyone who has them or willing to share them. Do you have them? They are critical, I believe.

I have the Diagnostic CD's for Module 1. Do you need those? If so, I can ship them to you asap. If I find anyone that has the Knowledge Series for any module, I'll let you know and get them to you.

Go for it!

Mary in New York