PDA

View Full Version : Time Saving Purchasing Tools

monicaulmer1
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I work for a construction company who shares an accounting firm with several other affiliated companies. All associated companies use Microsoft Dynamics GP for purchasing, AP/AR, invoicing, payroll. The purchasing department I work for spends countless hours keying in item numbers and descriptions to build PO's to send to the vendors. Does anyone know of any program or method we could use to cut down on the time spent with data entry and processing? I am thinking of a scanning process that would allow some of our larger vendors to print and apply a bar code to a finished quote that could in turn be scanned by our purchaser and automatically uploaded to build the PO. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Another way I think it could be done it to implement a software that would start with information being keyed in for the requisition and that information would be used in the same program to help auto fill the PO.

Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thank you!

monicaulmer1
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I have since found a solution. There are many requisition management software programs that will solve my problem. If you are experiencing similar issues with your purchasing department, google requisition management.

andyref2
03-16-2011, 05:08 PM
We purchased a paperless system from Verian Technologies that was migrated onto MS Great Plains whereby Reqs were completed, approved and submitted electronically wihtout retyping the info on the PO. Great tool!