PDA

View Full Version : Policy on competitive bidding for new contracts

jehanefata
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I need to put together a policy on competitive bidding for contracts, with $$ value threshold, etc..... Does anyone have something I can use to get started? company is publicly traded, with a total of about 1,000 employees, if that helps. Thanks

omaurandy
09-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Hello,

The first thing you have to do, in order to start, is to think about what your company buys.
What is the frequency of those purchases, are the contracts regularly negotiated...?

Now, your objective will be to reach, for any bidding process, a point where you will be able to compare all offers as "apple to apple", and easily set-up expectations to your potential vendors...

Then of all the products and services you purchase, define the decision criteria common to all of them, and the decision criteria specific to some of them.
Finally, try to define the information necessary to vendors in order to be able to quote.
State the obvious : description, quantity, UOM, specs...
Expand to any case possible for your company : multiple destinations, quality standards, etc...

Your bidding policy should have the following sections :
- A : How do we define the necessity
- B : What will be our decision criteria
- c : Exception management (deadlines, additional information - should be given to all suppliers even if only one has requested it...)

Let me know if this is helpful, I'd be happy to specify any concept...
Regards