PDA

View Full Version : Laboratory Services Sourcing - Pharma

tsb1543
04-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi - We are a mid-size US Pharma Manufacturer and due to internal resource restraints, we outsource a great deal of laboratory testing of raw materials and packaging components. The issue we have is, due to the variation in raw materials needed for different compounds and somewhat urgent time frame within which we need to operate, we do not always know in advance exactly what testing we need and on what components. In addition, a large portion of this testing is available through only a sole source. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how we can establish a standing/blanket PO for these services with such uncertain price/quantity details. We are trying to avoid the inefficiency of getting a firm quote and issuing a separate purchase order 5-10 times per week for these needs, but still following good business practices and being SOX compliant.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Scott B
Buyer - MRO, Services, Capital

MCJohnson
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi Scott
I came across your topic about needing blanket PO for testing services you need.
I can relay your enquiry to my colleagues at Eurofins Scientific Inc. We are a global testing lab and we do a lot of food and pharmaceuticals with various locations in US. Pharmaceuticals is not my area of expertise, so someone from my organization could perhaps talk to you instead.
What is best way to reach you? Are you attending the ISM Conference this weekend in Ssan Diego?

Maria Johnson