PDA

View Full Version : Forecasting Software Recommendations

03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
My company is using Oracle's ASCP for our planning but we do not own any of Oracle's forecasting modules. We plan against our customer supplied forecasts that have proven to be unreliable and build our inventories. We are looking for a bolt on pice of software that will help us generate a forecast that is more reliable than our customers'. Any suggestions?

johnsonadm
04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
sorry glennkluge, I do not have an answer for you but I am also looking for a software tool/application that can help with forcasting commodities. We currently subscribe to ProPurchaser, which is good, but it truly is only a historical trending tool, with very little forcasting. We source a wide variety from metals, MRO, chemicals, to packaging. Any suggestions from anyone currently using a good forecasting tool.

04-14-2010, 12:31 AM
I the past, I have used a product from a company called Demand Solutions. It is easily integrated with outer systems as well as accepting imports and exports in flatfile formats. I haven't followed them for a couple of years but I think they are still out there. The use stastical formulas to forcast future demand. The user cn specify a certain formula or allow the system to chose.

You can also make manula adjustments for one time anomolies that you do not want repeated in future forecasts.

04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Demand Solution has an excellent forecasting tool.

sab1684
07-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Our company uses a software called SCORE developed my Manhattan Associates. There are many companies which use this software.
The software uses exponential smoothing technique to do forecasting.
The higher-ups in the company assign an alpha value to the system and it could forecast automatically. It would also suggest if a SKU is better fit for a seasonal profiling. As a buyer, you will make decisions and the SCORE system is pretty accurate, I should say..