Mission Statement: To enhance the value and performance of procurement and SCM practitioners and their organizations worldwide.
Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is the first supply management institute in the world. Founded in 1915, ISM exists to lead and serve the supply management profession and is a highly influential and respected association in the global marketplace. By executing and extending its mission through education, research, standards of excellence and information dissemination — including the renowned monthly ISM Report On Business® — ISM maintains a strong global influence among individuals and organizations.
- Inside Supply Management®, the award-winning monthly publication featuring the latest trends and information for the purchasing and supply management professional. Included in each issue of the magazine is the Manufacturing ISM Report On Business®, a long-established purchasing survey and indicator of economic trends, noted for its accuracy. The report is considered by many to be the most reliable near-term economic barometer available. Also included in the magazine will be the new Nonmanufacturing ISM Report On Business®. This report debuted June 3, 1998 and is an economic forecaster for the non-manufacturing sector.
- Access to the Members Only area of the ISM website which includes an extensive database of information, articles and other resources as well as the Online Career Center.
- Access to the CAPS Research, the premier non-profit research center dedicated to supply and supply chain issues. ISM members may register at the CAPS Research website and download CAPS Research focus studies, benchmarking reports, critical issues reports, and best practices articles.
- ISM's Principles and Standards of Ethical Supply Management Conduct, first adopted in 1923, which remains one of the outstanding ethical statements in modern business.
- ISM Principles of Sustainability and Social Responsibility With A Guide to Adoption and Implementation are principles designed to enable both supply management and the organization to customize a framework specific to industry and supplier needs in the following areas: Anti-corruption; diversity and inclusiveness — workforce and supply base; environment; ethics and business conduct; financial integrity and transparency; global citizenship; health and safety; human rights; labor rights; and sustainability.
- Networking opportunities during ISM sponsored seminars and conferences, and other special events.
- Discounts of up to 50% on ISM sponsored programs, products, and Annual Conference.
Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) Program
ISM launched the Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) program in May 2008. The CPSM® is the credential that surpasses the demands of the international marketplace with multi-faceted skills in areas such as supplier relationship management, commodity management, risk and compliance issues and social responsibility.
Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™ (CPSD™) Program
The Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™ (CPSD™) is a new professional designation for supply management professionals whose responsibilities include supplier diversity. This designation also delivers added value to business leaders and other team leaders who participate in the development of diverse supplier initiatives within the organization.
If you would like additional information about the CPSM® or CPSD™, please call 800/888-6276, option 8, or email email@example.com or write to:
Attn: Customer Service
2055 E. Centennial Circle
Tempe, AZ 85284
- ISM Bylaws
- Principles and Standards of Ethical Supply Management Conduct
- Statement of Antitrust Policy
Please note: ISM office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., MST, Monday through Thursday (ISM remains on Mountain Standard Time year-round), and 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., MST on Friday.