ISM Announces Finalists in Awards for Excellence in Supply Management
FOR RELEASE: March 11, 2011
(TEMPE, Ariz.) March 11, 2011 — Supply management departments at 15 companies are among the finalists in the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) Awards for Excellence in Supply Management. Finalists in the 2011 competition were selected from applications received in an online submission process held from July 1, 2010 to September 17, 2010. Multiple entries were welcomed in one or more of the following categories: Process, People, Organization/Structure, Technology and Sustainability.
ISM will announce winners from among the 2011 finalists in April. Representatives from winning organizations will present their stories of excellence in supply management in Orlando, Florida, at ISM's 96th Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit, to be held May 15-18, 2011.
The 2011 ISM Awards for Excellence in Supply Management Finalists are:
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Process Category (two nominations)
- CAPITAL ONE - Process Category
- Delphi - Technology Category; Organization/Structure Category; Process Category
- The Dow Chemical Company - Process Category; Organization/Structure Category
- State of Georgia, Department of Administrative Services - State Purchasing Division - Technology Category
- Hewlett-Packard Company - Sustainability Category
- IBM Corporation - Sustainability Category
- Kraft Foods, Inc. - Organization/Structure Category; Process Category
- L-3 Communications - Process Category
- Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control - Process Category
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company - Process Category
- Pfizer Inc. - Process Category
- SIRVA, Inc. - Process Category
- Sodexo, Inc. - Process Category
- United States Postal Service - Technology Category
The ISM Awards for Excellence in Supply Management are open to supply management departments of all sizes and geographic locations, both domestic and international.
Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is the first supply management institute in the world. Founded in 1915, ISM exists to lead and serve the supply management profession and is a highly influential and respected association in the global marketplace. By executing and extending its mission through education, research, standards of excellence and information dissemination — including the renowned monthly ISM Report On Business® — ISM maintains a strong global influence among individuals and organizations. ISM is a not-for-profit educational association that serves professionals with an interest in supply management who live and work in more than 75 countries. ISM offers the Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) qualification and is a member of the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM).
ISM Public Relations
(U.S. only) 800/888-6276, extension 3143
(International) +1 480/752-6276, extension