Global citizenship is the ethical and moral obligation to act for the benefit of society locally, globally and virtually.
In this context:
- Provide support and add value to society.
- Encourage members of the supply chain to support and add value in local, global and virtual communities.
- Evaluate business decisions in the context of societal impact.
- Encourage supply professionals, and their organizations, to participate in community initiatives, as appropriate.
- Business Civic Leadership Center/Corporate Community Investment. The Business Civic Leadership Center (BCLC) is an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The Corporate Community Investment program's mission is to raise awareness about corporate community investment practices, build relationships between and among companies and government agencies, and improve local quality of life and economic competitiveness. The site offers links to resources for business and societal relations, a free monthly newsletter, and reports and publications.
- The Center for Corporate Citizenship at Boston College is a research organization that works with global corporations to help them define, plan and operationalize their corporate citizenship.
- Communities and Local Government (UK agency).This is the agency that sets policy in the UK on local government, housing, urban regeneration, planning and fire and rescue issues. The site includes links to research and statistics, publications, and information on creating sustainable communities.
- Corporate Citizenship was formed by the merger of leading CR consultancies The Smart Company and The Corporate Citizenship Company at the end of 2007. The Web site offers research, consultancy and publications to help businesses succeed as good citizens of our changing global society. This site provides resources to understand the changing nature of corporate citizenship in the world today.
- DiversityData.org A project of Harvard School of Public Health. The Web site allows visitors to explore how metropolitan areas throughout the U.S. perform on a diverse range of social measures that comprise a well-rounded life experience.
- Energize! Inc. is a site for leaders of volunteers that provides information and links on corporate social responsibility and employee volunteering.
- Global Citizens Network works to promote peace, justice and respect through cross-cultural understanding and global cooperation. We are committed to enhancing quality of life around the world while preserving indigenous cultures, traditions and ecologies.
- The Global Citizens' Initiative (TGCI) is an effort to build a network of people who see themselves as global citizens and want to build a better world, responding to the urgent need for better grass-roots mechanisms that engage people in the processes of advocating for global values, finding global solutions to global issues, and building more participatory global governance institutions.
- WEConnect International is a corporate-led nonprofit organization that helps to empower women business owners to succeed in global markets. WEConnect provides the knowledge, networks, certification and platform women business owners need to reach new markets and prosper.
Rate and Review this item