ISM is a member of the US Technical Advisory Group (TAG) on Social Responsibility, which is headed by the Americal Society for Quality (ASQ). The guidance standard will be published in 2008 as ISO 26000 and be voluntary to use. It will not include requirements and will thus not be a certification standard.
Resources on ISM Sustainability and Social Responsibility Principles
- ISM worked with SciQuest to develop the Supplier Diversity Best Practices Survey. The Survey was populated to a selected group of ISM members to collect baseline data about their implementation of supplier diversity programs.
- BPM Forum is an organization that helps advance the understanding of business performance management techniques, technologies and processes in global enterprises. The Forum brings together influential business line managers and senior executives overseeing enterprise finance, operations, and technology functions. Their Web site provides resources for ecology and social responsibility.
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) is a non-profit organization that helps companies achieve success in ways that demonstrate respect for ethical values, people, communities and the environment. A leading global resource for the business community and thought leaders around the world, BSR equips its member companies with the expertise to design and implement successful, socially responsible business policies, practices and processes.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Newswire is a Web site that provides links to current headlines, a library of corporate non-financial reports, a calendar of social responsibility events, a directory of resources, and a listing of recent books on social responsibility.
- The CRO Web site provides news and resources for corporate responsibility, including an online magazine, links to news releases relating to corporate social responsibility, a CRO Blog, Corporate Responsibility Reports, an annual report listing the 100 Best Corporate Citizens and a CRO Provider Directory.
- CSR Professional Services Directory is a worldwide listing of providers of resources for Corporate Social Responsibility, listing nearly 500 service providers listed under 49 different categories, plus full contact details and summaries of the services they provide. The directory includes listings for consultants, academic institutions, rating agencies, ethical auditors, training providers and research organizations, and they are searchable by category and region.
- Social Venture Network was founded in 1987 by some of the nation's most visionary leaders in socially responsible entrepreneurship and investment. This nonprofit network is committed to building a just and sustainable world through business, with a mission to inspire business and social leaders to build a just economy and sustainable planet. The site includes Information Services access and community forums.
- World Environment Center: WEC is an independent, global non-profit, non-advocacy organization that advances sustainable development through the business practices and operations of its member companies and in partnership with governments, multi-lateral organizations, non-governmental organizations, universities and other stakeholders. WEC creates sustainable business solutions through individual projects in emerging markets; convenes leadership roundtables to shape strategic thinking across a range of sustainability topics; and honors industry excellence through its annual awarding of the Gold Medal for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development. WEC is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in China, El Salvador and Germany.
Rate and Review this item