Ethics and Business Conduct | Financial Integrity and Transparency | Global Citizenship | Health and Safety |
Human Rights | Labor Rights | Sustainability
Metrics and Indices
Sustainability and Social Responsibility Metrics and Performance Criteria
The development and implementation of measurement and performance criteria is important to the success of sustainability and social responsibility programs. Integrating goals and objectives with relevant measurements will ensure the ability to track and report progress against various initiatives. Often an annual sustainability and social responsibility report, sometimes called a citizenship report, is issued or results are included in the organization’s annual report.
Supply professionals must consider impact, influence, and positioning when selecting and developing metrics to embed throughout the: (1) supply organization, (2) entity and (3) supply base. A metrics document was developed by ISM to provide supply professionals and management with a broad-based list of possible metrics.
- ASPI Eurozone® (Advanced Sustainable Performance Indices) is the European index of companies and investors wishing to commit themselves in favor of sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. The index selects the 120 best-rated companies in the Eurozone on the basis of CSR ratings of the VIGEO GROUP and in accordance with the ASPI Eurozone® Guidelines.
- Business in the Community CR Index a leading voluntary benchmark of Corporate Responsibility (CR) in the United Kingdom. It helps companies to integrate and improve CR throughout their operations by providing a systematic approach to managing, measuring and reporting on business impacts in society and on the environment.
- CorporateRegister.com is the primary reference point for corporate responsibility (CR) reports and resources worldwide. The majority of our content is available free of charge as a service to the global CR stakeholder community. We also provide specialist tools for advanced users where we identify a need — some of these may be fee based. We strive to maintain the quality of our site and services, in order to advance CR globally.
- CRO Magazine Best Corporate Citizens is a list compiled by CRO magazine (formerly Business Ethics magazine). The list is published annually, listing companies that are proving that good corporate citizenship and good business go hand in hand.
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes were the first global indexes to track the financial performance of the leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide. Based on the cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes, STOXX Limited and SAM they provide asset managers with reliable and objective benchmarks to manage sustainability portfolios. The indexes include the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, which covers the top 10% of the biggest 2,500 companies in the Dow Jones World Index in terms of economic, environmental and social criteria and the Dow Jones STOXX Sustainability Index, which covers the leading 20% in terms of sustainability of the companies in the Dow Jones STOXX SM 600 Index.
- ECPI Ethical Index is an index produced by ECPI, an an Italian holding company that is dedicated to sustainability Research, Rating and Indices. The company integrates Intangible Value/Non-traditional Risk Factor Research, i.e. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), with mainstream quantitative financial analysis.
- Ethisphere Institute is a research-based organization dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability. The Institute's associated membership group, the Ethisphere Council, is a forum for business ethics that includes over 200 leading corporations, universities and institutions. The Institutes's quarterly publication, Ethisphere Magazine, publishes the globally recognized World's Most Ethical Companies Ranking™.
- FTSE4Good enables investors to identify Japanese companies within the FTSE Global Equity Index Series that meet a set of internationally supported standards of corporate social responsibility. These companies are working towards environmental sustainability, developing positive relationships with stakeholders and upholding and supporting universal human rights.
- Global Reporting Initiative is a network-based organization that pioneered the world's most widely used sustainability reporting framework. GRI is committed to the Framework's continuous improvement and application worldwide. GRI's core goals include the mainstreaming of disclosure on environmental, social and governance performance.
- International Financial Reporting Standards. The goal of IFRS.com is to provide a comprehensive set of resources related to International Financial Reporting Standards for accounting professionals, financial managers, audit committees, boards, investors and other users of financial statements.
- The International Integrated Reporting Committee, IIRC, is a powerful, international cross section of leaders from the corporate, investment, accounting, securities, regulatory, academic and standard-setting sectors as well as civil society.